The 13 Best Smart Watches
Living in the digital age, we can expect more from all technology all the time.
We have better computers, better tablets, better music players, better televisions, and better watches. And because we have so many amazing advances taking place, our lives become easier and more efficient all the time.
We just need the right devices to get us there.
One of the handiest personal devices is the smartwatch.
They’re pretty much computers attached to our wrists. And through them, we can do almost anything we can on a smart phone. We can check email, track our fitness training, check transit times, make phone calls, or calculate a tip for the waitress.
But you have to have the right smartwatch to most effectively do the tasks you require. And for that purpose, we’ve come up with a list of thirteen of the best smart watch models available.
The Best Smart Watches Available
You’re probably not surprised to find the Apple Watch at the top of the list for the best smartwatches available.
One of the reasons that Apple is so popular is the closed system that their products all use.
This closed system makes it difficult for hackers to gain access to their products and spread viruses, which is, of course, a huge selling point for many of us.
Apple products are also known for being super long-lasting, which means they don’t have to be replaced as often.
And the Apple Watch is no different.
These little devices are long-lasting, high-quality pieces that can do pretty much anything a computer can, just with a much smaller screen that’s available at your wrist in a second’s notice.
You can measure your workouts, from running or cycling to high-intensity interval training. You can track your daily goals and share them on social media activity for added motivation. You can check your heart rate and better manage stress through understanding your health.
You can also do a ton of other awesome stuff with the Apple Watch, based on which apps you download and use on a regular basis. Some of the amazing apps they offer include:
- Health and Fitness apps, like Work Outdoors, Gymaholic, or Streaks
- Sleep apps, like Auto Sleep, Sleep++, or Pillow
- Travel and Commuting apps, like City Mapper, Find Near Me, iTranslate, App in the Air, or Transit
- Weather apps, like Dark Sky, or Carrot Weather
- Entertainment apps, like djay 2, Trivia Crack Runeblade, Lifeline, or FiLMiC Pro
- Personal Finances and Calculator apps, like Pennies App, PCalc, or Calzy 3
- Includes all Versa Lite Edition features plus: store and play 300 plus songs, utilize on screen workouts that play on...
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages, all with a 4 plus day battery life (varies with use and...
- Use 15 plus exercise modes like Run or Swim (Fitbit Versa is water resistant to 50 meters We do not recommend wearing...
The Fitbit Versa is a smartwatch that is great for tracking your physical activities – no matter what goals you’re working towards.
You can keep track of your full 24-hour day with a four-plus day battery life. This includes keeping track of 24/7 heart rate, and keeping track of your nighttime through all of your sleep stages.
And who doesn’t love music while you work out?
You’re able to take your music with you on your run while leaving your phone behind. This Fitbit can store over three hundred songs, or access your favorite playlists and stations from Pandora or Deezer.
In addition, you can access apps related to sports and weather, as well as get call, text, app, and calendar alerts.
Included in this model are over fifteen exercise modes such as run and swim. Plus, the Fitbit Versa is water-resistant up to 50 meters. You can also record your workouts, and connect to smartphone GPS so that you have very precise real-time pacing and distance.
In addition to the preset exercise modes, you can have personalized on-screen coaching that will play on your watch and help make sure you get each and every move done perfectly every time.
The special edition version includes a built in NFC chip which will allow you to make secure payments without having to have your wallet.
- Gear Sport is swim ready and water resistant up to 50 meters/5ATM
- Get accurate, all day fitness tracking, easy calorie entry and personal coaching
- With Samsung Pay NFC compatibility, easily make a payment from your wrist
The Samsung Gear Sport is a smartwatch ready to help you reach your fitness goals. This watch is not only swim-ready, with water resistance up to 50 meters, but it can be used to keep track of your calories. You can keep track of your steps through the GPS enabled pedometer and maps.
You can use your favorite apps on the Samsung Gear Sport, and make secure payments.
You can also keep a watch on your house through apps that provide special monitoring options. You can use the Samsung Gear Sport to control various devices and appliances at your home.
- 1.45” AMOLED Touch Screen Display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- IP67 Water Resistance protects against water immersion up to 1 meter
- Built-in Wi-Fi extends the range and connectivity with your phone
The Asus Zen Watch 2 is a smart watch compatible with a variety of both iPhone and Android models, so it’s possible to stay connected to your phone even when it gets left at home while you run.
The watch provides clear visuals and simple navigation as you go about your run.
Thanks to the watch’s design, you can get timely information on everything from missed phone calls to emails, just with a quick glance at the screen.
The watch has a 1.45-inch AMOLED touch-screen display, along with a 280 by 280 pixels resolution. The watch features a stainless-steel case together with a leather watch band, to ensure you have both durability and elegance together.
The watch has an IP67 rated waterproof design which protects the watch against being submerged in up to 3.3 feet of water.
Thanks to the wireless connection that connects to your Bluetooth devices, you will get a reliable wireless connection.
The watch has a built in 290 mAh Lithium polymer battery that will give you 24 hours of use with a full charge.
The Motorola Moto 360 is a smartwatch, finely crafted with quality craftmanship. It has stainless steel, scratch-resistant glass and genuine Horween leather.
Your watch can give you timely updates at just a glance, in real-time. Your Motorola Moto 360 watch will respond to your voice, so all you need to do is speak to get the information when you need it.
The design of this watch allows for the tracking of your health and fitness by monitoring your steps, distance traveled, and burned calories.
Various available apps can improve your tracking as well.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: 2-30 days on a single charge is achieved by dual layered technology and two modes. Smart Mode will...
- SMART MODE: Wear OS by Google, AMOLED display, Google Assistant, thousands of apps and watch faces through Google Play...
- ESSENTIAL MODE: Power saving FSTN LCD display, high sunlight visibility, shows essential information including time /...
Another great smartwatch is the Ticwatch Pro smartwatch. This watch has a battery life which can last between 5 and 30 days on a single charge thanks to its layered display that has two modes. The battery life depends on how you use it, of course, but this watch has one of the longest lasting battery charges available.
The Ticwatch Pro has a ton of smart modes that feature Google Assistant, Wear OS by Google, and thousands of apps you can download from the Google Play store.
The watch features an essential mode of power saving, which is where a lot of that battery life comes from.
The health and fitness tracking show you all the essential information you need, from heart rate and GPS tracking, to steps counted and calories burned.
- Start dynamic personalized workouts on your wrist with step by step coaching. Syncing range: Up to 30 feet. Certain...
- Store and play 300 plus songs, plus download playlists from Pandora. If the band sizes are small,it fits wrist of...
- Use built in GPS/GLONASS to track pace, distance & routes and get Pure Pulse continuous heart rate tracking & real time...
The Fitbit Ionic smart watch is another one of the best smart watch options from Fitbit that helps you personalize your workouts.
This watch features a large syncing range of up to 30 feet. It’s able to synch with multiple devices including Android, iPhone, iPad, and Windows 10 devices.
The watch utilizes GPS to track your pace and distance along with your continuous heart rate. You can access your favorite apps in order to keep track of sports and weather, too.
The watch keeps trach of running, swimming, and bicycling workouts, along with your normal daily, non-workout activities like walking around the office.
Additionally, you can keep track of your sleep with the Fitbit Ionic. The watch has a 4 plus day better life, which means you don’t have to charge it while you sleep every night, and can actually track your sleeping.
The Fitbit Ionic can store and playback over 300 songs, as well as download playlists from Pandora.
- Smartphone notifications, touchscreen functionality, heart rate and activity tracking, GPS, microphone and Google...
- Estimated 24 hour battery life, based on usage; imported; swimproof; on-display email, call, text, and app...
- Case size: 44mm; Band size: 20mm; black plated stainless steel case and black silicone band with buckle closure;...
While it may be the first smartwatch from Misfit, the Misfit Vapor is another great smartwatch to consider. It’s a smartwatch that is budget friendly.
The Misfit Vapor has a super bright, clear display, and a premium design, and works with the Wear OS software.
While the Misfit Activity App is limited, it does suit the budget conscious consumer with its basic fitness and notification features.
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Enabled version 4.2 (not compatible with any service carriers)
- Compatible with both Android (4.3 or later) and iOS (9 or later). Built-in Google Assistant "Ok Google"
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 Processor
Another smartwatch to consider is the LG Watch Style. This watch works with the latest Android and iOS systems.
The LG Watch Style is water resistance, and supports Google mode snap and swap bands. It has Google built in and is voice activated. It comes with a 42.3-millimeter stainless-steel case, and a high-quality leather band.
This watch from LG has the standard features of all good smartwatches as well, and is easy to use for folks who haven’t done a ton with smartwatches in the past.
- Built-in GPS and continuous heart rate: monitor your heart rate and track your workout routes without your phone
- Scientific sleep tracking: HUAWEI TruSleep keeps track of light, deep and REM sleep stages to make your sleep truly...
- Workout Coach: get real-time guidance and workout data such as recovery time and Vo2 Max. Bluetooth: 2.4 GHz Bluetooth...
The Huawei Watch 2 is another fine choice for smartwatches. This watch has a built in GPS, and a continuous heart rate monitor. Additionally, it can help keep track of your sleep cycles which can help you achieve deep rest.
The Huawei Watch 2 has a workout coach which allows you to have real-time guidance, and workout date available to view.
The Huawei features both NFC technology for safe payments, and Google assistant for personal voice assistance.
You can download Google Play Music on your watch to access thousands of songs, and you can optimize the power use settings of your watch to get the most out of the device.
- Notifications for incoming calls, missed calls, Facebook post and messages, calendar reminders and more
- Compatible with devices with Android 4.3 and 4.4 compatibility and iOS 6 and 7 with iPhone 4S, 5 and 5S.
- Alerts when your device is out of range, or at low battery level
The Cookoo 2 Connected Watch is a minimal frills budget-friendly smartwatch. If you’re looking for a smartwatch that will let you check email, make phone calls, check social media, and text, but not a ton more, this could be the perfect watch for you. It works with most phone OS systems, including Apple and Android.
- 1.3" Full Circle P-OLED Display with Gorilla Glass 3 and Full Metal Body with Screw-Less Back Cover
- Compatible with most devices with an Android 4.3 or later operating system
- Fitness Integration with Built-In Continuous Heart Rate Monitor and syncs with sensors and applications for real time...
Another budget-friendly smartwatch, the LG G Smart Watch, has more applications available than the Cookoo 2. It’s for the phone calls, text, email, and social media. But it’s also got GPS, Google search, voice-to-text, and LG’s virtual assistant that functions about like Apple’s Siri.
This smartwatch from LG is also waterproof do to one meter – or three feet – for as long as thirty minutes. You won’t need to take it off for the shower at the gym, which we love.
If you’re looking for a high-end smartwatch, you’re looking for the Breitling Exospace B55 Watch. This beautiful watch is designed specifically for pilots, from the Swiss watchmakers with a rich history in making aviator’s watches.
The Exospace has all the standard features of a smartwatch that you’re looking for, like email, WhatsApp notifications, other social media, text, and phone, as well as non-standard features like logging lap times, and flight times.
The Breitling Exospace comes from one of the finest Swiss watchmakers in the world, so you’ll find it ranked among some of the most expensive, and best, smartwatches in the world.
Choosing The Right Smart Watch
While it can be challenging to find the best smart watch for your needs, there are literally thousands of options available.
Just think the basic features you require, what you primarily want to do with your watch – like play games, track your fitness and sleep, or answer calls on the run – and look through the features on available models.
Be sure to compare prices, features, available apps, and the styles of watches before you purchase.
Try narrowing down the list to your top five choices, and then make a pros and cons list for those options.
The watch that has the most features you’re looking for is the way to go.